Please note that this is the neutral white flood version of the HC51 and the specs below are for the regular H51w. The H51Fw has a frosted lens, which does a great job of smoothing out the beam and making a very nice flood light, but it greatly reduces throw.
Main Features and Specifications
LED: CreeÂ XP-G Neutral White (color temperatureÂ 4200K)
User Selectable Levels: 3 main level (High, Medium and Low). EachÂ mainÂ levelÂ can be configured to one ofÂ its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the HighÂ can be further configured to different brightness levels or strobes.
- Light Output
- High:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â H1Â 172Â Lm (0.9 hrs)Â Â orÂ Â Â H2Â 86 Lm (2.4 hrs) / 120 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
- Medium:Â Â Â M1Â Â 26 Lm (12 hrs)Â Â Â orÂ Â Â M2Â Â Â Â Â 7 Lm (39 hrs)
- Low:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â L1Â Â 2.2 Lm (3Â days)Â Â orÂ Â Â L2Â Â Â 0.18Â LmÂ (16 days)
Light output are out the front (OTF) values. Runtime tests areÂ doneÂ usingÂ Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries.
172, 120, 26, 7 and 2.2 Lumen output are current regulated.Â 86 and 0.18 Lumen output are PWM generated.
Voltages: 0.7V - 2.5V
Battery: OneÂ 1.5V AAÂ (NiMH,Â lithiumÂ orÂ alkaline). 14500 Li-ion batteries are not supported. Batteries are not included in the package.
Parasitic Drain:Â Negligible (equivalent to 16 years)
- Beam Type
- 80Â° spill beam spread
- 11Â° (3.8 feet at 20 feet) hot spot
- Diameter:Â 0.90 inchÂ (23 mm)
- Length:Â Â Â Â 3.2 inchÂ (81 mm)
1.2Â oz (35.8 gram)
- 2.2 oz (61.9 gram) with an Eneloop AA
3.0Â oz (84.9 gram) with an Eneloop AA and headbandÂ
- Electronic soft-touch switch, with a 200,000 cycle operating life
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to allÂ brightness levels
Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade Alcoa aluminum bar stock
Proprietary heat sinking design bonds theÂ LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing, providing unblocked thermal paths to over 94% of the surface area.
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- SCHOTT ultra clear lens with anti-reflection coatings on both sides
- Orange peel textured reflector
Glow In The Dark (GITD) silicone ring near the tail cap
- Battery power can be locked out by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
- Waterproof to IPX8 (1 meter 30 minutes)
This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low). Each main level can be configured to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the HighÂ can be further configured to different brightness levels or strobes.
Short click turns on the light to HighÂ or turns off the light.
Long click (press and hold for about 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low.
- Advanced Operation and ConfigurationÂ
Short click turns on the light to High. Short click again quickly to cycle from High to Medium, and Low.
- Press and hold to cycle from Low toÂ High, release to set.Â When press and hold, the lightÂ always cycle from Low to High regardlessÂ whichÂ level you are currently in.
Double clickÂ to toggle and selectÂ between the two sub-levels for that main level.Â Sub-level selections (except the strobe) for the 3 main levelsÂ are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
The second sub-level of the High can be configured after 6 double clicks. Double click (startng with the 7th) to cycle and select different brightness levels or strobes. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-level of the High are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
Accessories in the package
- Pocket clip
One black silicone holder with headband
- One GITD silicone holder