The Scorpion follows ThruNite design philosophy of strong, intuitive, and reliable lights.Â The rear switch not only contains a traditional clicky switch, but also a silent rotary five position switch that allows the user to quickly and easily select the desired mode.Â The LED is the latest from CREE, an XM-L T6 capable of putting out 460 ANSI lumens on the highest output.Â For times when 460 lumens is too much, the light can go all the way down to 0.1 lumens, perfect for low light, up close situations where battery life and night vision is more of a concern than lighting up everything in front of you.
- One-inch body easily adapted for weapon mounting
- Uses the newest, top of the line LED from Cree
- Super throw and good flood for tactical and law enforcement applications
- Smooth reflector optimized for the LED
- Useful range of over 200 meters
- Conforms to IPX-8 standard: 1.5 meter, 30 minutes
- The ThruNite ScorpionÂ’s versatile modes of output are easily accessible by simply rotating the ring in the tailcap. All 5 stages are completely silent, allowing for mode selection without detection, ideal for tactical situations.
- Twisting the ring on the tailcap from left to right gives you the following modes: Lock out, firefly mode, infinite brightness from 10-100%, momentary on (max), and momentary strobe, respectively.
- Generous knurling throughout the surface of the entire light ensures good grip when you most need it.
- Removable grip ring, clip, and crenellated stainless steel strike bezel for different applications
- Two springs on the head and tail cap for shock dampingÂ– This light is ready to be weapon mounted.
- A tactical 'clicky' switch is fully exposed in the tailcap for easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- Cree XM-L (T6) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Uses 2 x 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium) or one 18650 rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
- 164mm (Length) x 25mm (Diameter) x 35mm (Head)
- 5.4oz weight (without batteries)
- Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness(1.5A)
- Reverse polarity protection , to protect from improper battery installation
Battery low indication system. when battery voltage low to 2.9v. it will low to very low output to mention the battery low and shut off at 2.7v
- Tail cap twist ring for five different stage application respectively as lock out; Firefly; Infinite brightness with memory; Momentary on; Momentary strobe.
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Removable clips
- Removable crenellated SS bezel
- Smooth reflector (30mm diameter; 24mm depth) gives perfect beam and very good throw.
- 460 ANSI lumens for XM-L T6 (1.5A LED current)Â
- Firefly mode: 0.1 lumens, 9 days
- Infinite brightness: variable depending on setting and battery capacity. On high, approx.1hours
- Max: 460ANSI lumens, 1 hours (2CR123A)
- Strobe (10hz, 460 lumens): 2hoursÂ Â
The Scorpion features a unique five stage UI with a twist ring on the tail cap. The ring rotates from left to right for the following modes: Lock out, Firefly, Infinite brightness, momentary, and momentary strobe.
- Lock Out: Prevents accidental activation of the light. This is important when storing or transporting the light, or, in situations where accidental activation of a light can be dangerous.
- Firefly mode: This mode was specifically designed with the tactical user in mind. It is a very low 0.1 lumens which is perfect for stealth navigation and for map reading without excessive glare to the user.
- Infinite brightness mode: Customize the brightness you want. Press the click and hold, the light will start to ramp in brightness, choose the brightness you want and then release, the light will memorize the setting. It will retain this setting for future use on this mode. When the light ramp in the brightness., it will mention at 100% output and 10% output by blink twice.
- Momentary function: this is for tactical application where you need short bursts of light. Just hold down the switch for on, release it for off. This mode will always give the max output.
- Momentary strobe: This is for tactical applications as well. Press and hold for on, release for off