The Tohil was designed to give you a compact, well-made, long-lasting fire-starting tool. The lighter body is CNC machined from high end aluminum alloy and Type III hard anodized for a durable, attractive finish in your choice of ember orange or black. The body of the lighter has a flat bottom, allowing it to stand on flat surfaces and act as a candle for short periods (use care since heat will transfer to the body of the lighter when using as a candle). An o-ring seals the opening of the body, giving you watertight construction and keeping the lighter fluid from drying out while in your pocket or pack. An oversized lanyard/keyring attachment point on the cap allows for secure attachment using a wide variety of attachment methods.
V2 of the Tohil gives you a couple of significant improvements:
- The anodizing has been upgraded to Type III for extra durability and scratch resistance.
- Sharp exterior edges have been machined down to make the Tohil more comfortable to use.
- Aluminum alloy body
- Durable Type III hard anodized finish in orange or black (please note that the manual says Type II for orange. The manual is incorrect. Both colors are Type III)
- Four flats machined on sides to increase grip when removing cap
- Replaceable flint and wick (uses standard flint and wick)
- O-ring sealed to prevent water from entering and fluid from drying out
- Flat bottom allowing for tail standing
- Uses standard lighter fluid (lighter does not come filled due to shipping restrictions)
- Weight: 1.4 oz
- 2.2" (L) x 0.8" (D)
- Two year limited warranty