FROM FIELD NOTES:
OurÂ â€œPitch Blackâ€ dot-graph Field Notes Memo Book wasÂ introducedÂ in 2013, and it quicky became one of our most popular memo books. After a few reprints, weâ€™ve made some upgrades, and weâ€™re now offeringÂ a rangeÂ of Pitch Black books with a variety of options.
Our classic 3-1/2"Â Ã— 5-1/2" PitchÂ BlackÂ memoÂ books are still available in 3-Packs with the originalÂ Dot-GraphÂ 60# Finch Opaque body paper, but thereâ€™s also a Ruled version now. Both versions areÂ bound with glossy black staples and sturdyÂ 118# covers featuring new, FieldÂ Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paperÂ from French Paper Co.Â (see film below). The family also featuresÂ aÂ newÂ Pitch Black logoÂ discreetly printedÂ on the back.Â (We justÂ might get that tattooed somewhereâ€¦)
Pitch Blackâ€™s always been considered Field Notesâ€™ more â€œurbaneâ€ offering, a favorite everywhere from the white-collarÂ downtownÂ boardroom to the black-turtleneckÂ uptownÂ studio. The newÂ kraft inside coversÂ addÂ a hint of earthyÂ charm to Pitch Blackâ€™sÂ hipÂ professionalism. Or professional hipness, if you prefer. Either way, Pitch Black makes a fashionable home for your best ideas.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C â€œPitch Black Duplexâ€ (â€œBlacktopâ€ and â€œPacking Brown Wrapâ€) with a brute force application of â€œStephaniteâ€ (outside) and â€œDachshund Nose Blackâ€ (inside) soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T â€œBright White,â€ with a fine, 1-color application of â€œLight Mist Grayâ€ soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
- Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" Ã— 3/16" (4.7mm Ã— 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" Ã— 5-1/2" (89mm Ã— 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPCs: FN-33 Dot-Graph: 00858493003523, FN-34 Ruled: 00858493003530