LIGHT IT UP
Field Notesâ€™ 35th Quarterly Edition celebrates a chemical process we witness nearly every day, but rarely take the time to appreciate. Fire gives us heat and light.Â Fire can frighten and endanger us. With a bit of olive oil, it makes asparagus palatable. But in its most primal, elemental state, it inspires us to gather around and watch it while we share stories, ideas and friendship.
We hope these memo books will inspire you to spend some time gazing into a fire this summer. Itâ€™s ridiculously satisfying to collect some wood, carefully build it into an attractive structure, then watch the dramatic light show as itÂ burns away into smoke and ash, leaving no trace.
The body pages are white Finch Opaque 60#T ruled with our 3/16" graph, each featuring a different ink color matched to the inside cover. The books areÂ bound with gold staple wire.
With at least three ex-Scouts at Field Notes Midwest HQ, we feel any night spent around a fire in the woods, should be rewarded with a patch. So, we createdÂ a handsome 2-1/4" oneÂ inspired by (but larger than) merit badges, and our friends at Brewery Outfitters in PDX stitched â€™em up. There's one included with every 3-Pack. We hope you'll wear yours, and that our Summer 2017 Field Notes come in handy as you become a true Campfire Master.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: WestRock Tango Coated Cover C1S Paperboard â€œWhiteâ€ slathered with a whopping fifteen (five per book) hand-picked soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T â€œBright White,â€ with a fine, 1-color application of soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with gold staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the â€œFounding Fathers of the Staple.â€
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" Ã— 3/16" (4.7mm Ã— 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" Ã— 5-1/2" (89mm Ã— 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.