Alpha FL packs were created for climbers and alpinists who want a light, durable and highly weather resistant pack that is pared down to be as simple as possible. No extraneous straps or parts. To save weight and provide the climber with easy access to contents, the traditional top lid has been replaced with our RollTopâ„¢ closure and an external security pocket. The RollTopâ„¢ provides a weatherproof seal, extends the packs volume and when not needed tucks inside the pack for quicker access. External lash points can be used to attach tools, crampons, extra layers, helmets, sleeping pads, etc. Shoulder straps are soft-edged and carry extremely comfortably with heavy or light loads.
Ultralight and fast, highly weather resistant and alpine strong, the Alpha FL 30 is for built for climbers. An intense focus on the realities of moving fast on rock and ice led to this versatile, streamlined pack that combines leading edge fabric technologies, performance focused design and a confident simplicity.
LIGHT BY DESIGN
Every element is carefully considered. Each feature has a specific reason. With no extraneous materials or aspects, the Alpha FL 30 sheds grams without sacrificing strength or performance.
Arc'teryx developed N400-ACÂ², a unique nylon fabric that sheds weather. PU coated inside and out, the fabric is water, snow and even air-impermeable. The RollTopâ„¢ closure shuts out the elements, and the seams are taped to complete the seal.
Focused attention to detail includes a white interior for heightened internal visibility, a glove-friendly draw cord opening for ease of access in freezing conditions, and a unique laminated shoulder strap construction that delivers comfort without unnecessary weight.
FAST AND LIGHT
The pack weighs a mere 610 grams (21.5 ounces) and is optimized to work with our companion gear. Use it in tandem with our Alpha FL jacket and pant for an ultra-fast, ultralight, alpine-ready set-up built for the harshest conditions.
- Pack Body: N400r-ACÂ² nylon 6 ripstop is coated on both sides to create an air impermeable, waterproof textile. White pigmented inner surface reflects light to help reveal the contents of the bag. Seams are taped for greater weather resistance.Â
- Back Panel: HD 80 foam is a high density polyethylene foam that provides support and structure to the bag, plus comfort against the back.Â
- Collar: N100mr-HT and N70r-HT are used to create the extendable, water resistant RollTopâ„¢ closure.Â
- Shoulder straps: N400r-ACÂ² nylon 6 ripstop, Burlyâ„¢ Double Weave and Hypercell foam are laminated to each other to create luxuriously soft edged shoulder straps that distribute weight without creating hot spots.Â
- Waistbelt: 40mm/1.6" wide nylon webbingÂ
Full Feature List
- Technical FeaturesÂ
- Weather resistantÂ
- Zippers & Fly ConfigurationÂ
- WaterTightâ„¢ external zippersÂ
- Pack Pocket ConfigurationÂ
- Main compartment pocketÂ
- External zippered document pocket with key clipÂ
- Pack Design & ConstructionÂ
- Reflective white interior makes it easier to see items inside the packÂ
- Dual haul loops/carry handles permit hauling or clipping off at a snow anchorÂ
- Rigid, formed backpanel provides support and structure while remaining comfortable against the backÂ
- Fully seam-sealed for water resistanceÂ
- Pack Suspension ConfigurationÂ
- Arc'teryx ACÂ² (Advanced Composite Construction) suspension systemÂ
- Adjustable, removable sternum strapÂ
- 4 cm/ 1.6 in webbing hipbeltÂ
- Thermoformed shoulder strapÂ
- Pack Loading & Closure ConfigurationÂ
- RollTopâ„¢ closureÂ
- Extendable collar with drawcord for additional capacityÂ
- Large, webbing pull-tabs for quick and easy, glove-friendly accessÂ
- Pack Compression Strap ConfigurationÂ
- Top compression strapÂ
- Pack Attachment ConfigurationÂ
- Two ice axe loopsÂ
- Six integrated front lash pointsÂ
- Includes bungee front attachment system for carrying campons or additional itemsÂ
- N400r-ACÂ² nylon 6 ripstop is durable and lightweightÂ
- HyPUR-celÂ® FoamÂ
- HD 80 foam back panelÂ
- N400r-ACÂ² nylon 6 ripstopÂ
- Burlyâ„¢ Double WeaveÂ
- Surface clean only.Â
- GearJunkie.com Best in Show at Outdoor Retailer 2014