The streamlined Beta AR Jacket provides the backcountry minimalist with durable storm protection in a lightweight and packable format. This hip length GORE-TEXÂ® Pro Shell jacket reduces layering overlap and bulk, a helmet compatible Drop Hoodâ„¢ offers quick storm protection, and reinforced shoulder and elbows survive alpineÂ abuse.
A mainstay in the Arc'teryx lineup since 2000, the Beta AR is the do everything, most versatile waterproof/breathable jacket for mountain environments. Hand pockets, athletic fit that accommodates maximum layers and a hood with an internal collar mean comfort in storms, climbing, skiing or simply enjoying theÂ outdoors.
Just the RightÂ Length
Hip length is the easiest to work with when layering waterproof/breathable garments. Not too short so it doesn't ride up or expose the lower back and not so long as to be cumbersome underneath a harness or a pack belt, the Beta AR hits the middleÂ ground.
A good hood is a crucial detail on any serious alpine jacket. The Beta AR features the Arc'teryx DropHoodâ„¢, a helmet-compatible, fast adjust hood with a separate collar for draft protection.
The KeyÂ Piece
If a person can only choose one jacket for all their activities, the Beta AR is a solid, well-rounded piece. Durable, lightweight, with hand pockets and pit zippers for ventilation, it can manage storms, rock, snow and cool seasons. GORE-TEXÂ® Pro delivers the highest level of waterproof/breathable performance.
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabricÂ surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk andÂ weight
- Tiny GOREÂ® seam tape (13Â mm)
- Laminated high-strength hangerÂ loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEXÂ® three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easyÂ layering
- One-hand adjustableÂ drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit andÂ comfort
- Gender specificÂ patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestrictedÂ mobility
- ArticulatedÂ elbows
- No-lift gussetedÂ underarms
- LaminatedÂ brim
- Glove-friendly hoodÂ adjusters
- Helmet compatible DropÂ Hoodâ„¢
- Laminated chinÂ guard
- WaterTightâ„¢ externalÂ zippers
- Molded zipperÂ garages
- Laminated pit zippers allow for fasterÂ venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy toÂ grab
- WaterTightâ„¢ Vislon frontÂ zip
- Laminated die-cut VelcroÂ® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tearÂ off
- Drop backÂ hem
- Adjustable hemÂ drawcord
- LaminatedÂ hem
- Internal chest pocket with laminatedÂ zip
- Note: Our WaterTightâ„¢ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged byÂ moisture
- Two high-volume handÂ pockets
- Reinforced shoulders andÂ arms
- EmbroideredÂ logo
- Non-chafingÂ label
- Adjustable elastic waistÂ drawcord
- N40r GORE-TEXÂ® ProÂ 3L
- N150p GORE-TEXÂ® ProÂ 3L
- Machine wash in warmÂ water.
- DoubleÂ rinse.
- Wash dark colours separately.Â
- Do not use fabricÂ softener.
- Remove immediately.Â
- Do not leaveÂ wet.
- Tumble dry on mediumÂ heat.
- Do notÂ iron.