iTP Light has just released a slick little AAA light, the A3 EOS. The A3 EOS comes in two different versions, standard and upgrade, both using a CREE XP-E Q5. The standard edition has one brightness at 80 lumens and the upgrade edition has three brightnesses. The best part? The standard edition is $18.50 and the upgrade edition is $20.50. No, that’s not my cost, that’s YOUR cost.
Both versions come with a pocket clip and a nice little keychain. I’m impressed with what they have done with this little light, and am excited to see what other people think about it.
I have the standard edition on the way, and it should be here by the end of July. The upgrade edition will soon follow.
Specs after the break:
* Cree 7090-XP-E Q5, life span up to 50000 hours
* Operating voltage: 0.9V – 3.0V
* Uses 1 x AAA, 1 x Rechargeable NiMh AAA, or 1 x 10420 (due to the small body size, 10420 batteries are not recommended since they may cause the light to become hot very quickly).
* Dimensions: Length: 66.5 mm , Diameter: 14 mm
* Color: Black
* Weight:: 9 g without batteries and keychain
o Standard Edition: Single output level ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢â¬Å 80 lumens (55 minutes runtime)
o Upgrade Edition: Three output levels – Medium 18 lumens (4 hours) -> Low 1.5 lumens (50 hours) ->-High 80 lumens (55 minutes)
* Superior heat sink that disperses heat to protect LED and electrical components
* Orange peel reflector for flawless beam.
* Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F