iTP Light has just released a slick little AAA light, the A3 EOS. The A3 EOS comes in two different versions, standard and upgrade, both using a CREE XP-E Q5. The standard edition has one brightness at 80 lumens and the upgrade edition has three brightnesses. The best part? The standard edition is $18.50 and the upgrade edition is $20.50. No, that’s not my cost, that’s YOUR cost.
Both versions come with a pocket clip and a nice little keychain. I’m impressed with what they have done with this little light, and am excited to see what other people think about it.
I have the standard edition on the way, and it should be here by the end of July. The upgrade edition will soon follow.
iTP Light A3 EOS Standard Edition at Going Gear
iTP Light A3 EOS Upgrade Edition at Going Gear
Specs after the break:
* Cree 7090-XP-E Q5, life span up to 50000 hours
* Operating voltage: 0.9V – 3.0V
* Uses 1 x AAA, 1 x Rechargeable NiMh AAA, or 1 x 10420 (due to the small body size, 10420 batteries are not recommended since they may cause the light to become hot very quickly).
* Dimensions: Length: 66.5 mm , Diameter: 14 mm
* Color: Black
* Weight:: 9 g without batteries and keychain
o Standard Edition: Single output level ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢â¬Å 80 lumens (55 minutes runtime)
o Upgrade Edition: Three output levels – Medium 18 lumens (4 hours) -> Low 1.5 lumens (50 hours) ->-High 80 lumens (55 minutes)
* Superior heat sink that disperses heat to protect LED and electrical components
* Orange peel reflector for flawless beam.
* Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F