The S30RII Baton features the popular design of the S30R with upgraded specifications to increase performance and reliability. The light output of the S30RII ranges from 1 to 1020 lumens. The light continues to feature the magnetic tail cap and removable pocket clip that can be seen on the previous version. The S30RII includes one 18650 high capacity lithium-ion battery optimized for fast wireless charging. The S30RII is a perfect light for everyday carry containing an all in one solution that includes a battery and wireless charging dock for user convenience.
Two Optional Versions:
- S30RII – 3200: Includes one built-in 3200mAh 3.6V rechargeable battery
- S30RII – 3600: Includes one built-in 3600mAh 3.6V rechargeable battery
- Fast and easy charging. The light features a micro-USB charging dock that includes an additional USB input to charge other devices.
- The light is powerful and small with a maximum light output up to 1020 lumens.
- The flashlight includes 1 x 18650 3600mAh. This is the highest capacity 18650 available.
- Cree XM-L2 U3. The maximum output is 1020 lumens
- Hardened tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating featuring a glow-in-the-dark o-ring
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode
- Flat tail cap with a strong magnet providing the ability to use it as a hands-free work light
- Removable pocket clip that is scratch resistant
- Thermal management safety program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on
- Featuring a wide range current circuit. The light can be powered by 2 x CR123A (Cannot be charged).
- Reverse polarity protection to prevent improper battery installation
- Can be powered by two non-rechargeable CR123A lithium batteries as a last resort in an emergency.
- Low standby current below 15uA
- Tough ultra-clear tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating
- 1 x Cree XM-L2 U3
- Flashlight: 4.69 in/119mm x 0.98 in/25mm
- Charging Dock: 2.17 x 1.97 x 0.63 in / 55 x 50 x 16mm
- 122g/4.3 oz (flashlight with battery)
- 24g/0.85 oz(charging dock)
- Type-III hard anodizing, aircraft-grade aluminum
- 2 x CR123A OR 1 x 18650 (included)
- Olight’s five-year warranty.
- 3600mAh 3.6V 18650
- Charging dock
- 1/2 Meter MICRO-USB cable
- O-ring x 2
- User Manual
|Compatible Batteries||2 x CR123, 1 x 18650|
|Mode Changing Method||Side Switch|
|Infinite Ouput Adjustment||No|
|LED Type||CREE XM-L2|
|Secondary LED Color||None|
|Beam Distance (Meters)||160|
|Body Diameter Inches||.98|
|Body Diameter mm||25|
|Head Diameter Inches||.98|
|Head Diameter mm||25|
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Very good flashlight, with a couple drawbacks.
For a couple years, whenever I'd walk my dogs at night along a semi-rural road, I'd carry a FourSevens Maelstrom MM-X. That's an awesome flashlight, but it does go through batteries fairly quickly. So when I saw the Olight S30R Baton II on sale, I thought I'd give a rechargeable flashlight a tryout.
After a week of usage, I've arrived at the following conclusions:
1) I miss having a tail cap switch with momentary "on" feature. It's definitely more convenient than the rather flat and hard to locate side-mounted button on the S30R which only has one on/off setting.
2) The S30R has more of a floodlight quality to it than the Maelstrom, when I shine it on objects 100-200 yards away. That's good if I want to light up a large area of a field, but the S30R falls somewhat short (no pun intended) when I want to illuminate a specific object at those distances.
3) Light output at maximum setting is comparable on both flashlights. The S30R has one less lumen setting, though.
4) The recharging station is very convenient!
Overall, I'd say the S30R is a very good flashlight for what it is. I'd give it five stars for value if the switch had a more tactile feeling that made it easier to locate, and had a temporary "on" setting.
Price Value Quality
- Rechargeable Portable Powerhouse
Need over a thousand lumens without killing your wallet in the cost of batteries? Get the S30R Baton II. Not only does it have over 1000 lumens, but its portable as well. Although it won't be as EDC friendly as the S1 or S10 series of lights, it is doable if you don't mind the added weight in your pocket or on your belt. However, this is a light I typically keep in my car or bug-out bag to supplement a smaller light that I typically have on me. It's also one that I have around the house that's perfect for something as rare as when the power goes out or as common as taking out the dog late at night. I cannot emphasize enough how awesome it is to have that many lumens in something as portable as this. When walking my dog at night, I sometimes catch myself making lightsaber sounds with it and pointing it at the sky or distant trees just to see how much reach I have with it. Even without the 1020 lumen turbo mode, it's still capable of 3 hours of 450 lumens (provided that you have the 3600 mAh installed), and even longer at the lower settings. Plus, it's rechargeable! So if you need a good portable work light, or an everyday light around the house, while also cranking out enough light to illuminate whatever life throws at you, look no further. I highly recommend the S30R Baton II!!!
Quality Price Value
- One out standing flashlight!
I, love my Olight s30r baton ii. I use it all the time for hunting and EDC. It is an outstanding flashlight for the money. I'll use it on turbo and it reaches out to past my normal larger hunting flashlight goes, it also has a wider and more clearer picture than my other flashlight, and it doesn't get as hot on the long walks into woods to the deer stand unlike my other flashlight! I believe I will buy a few more of these mighty fine flashlight, thanks to going gear!
Price Value Quality