Nitecore's new SRT5 with the Smart Selector Ring offers serious versitity at a resonable price. Whether it's for a police officer on the beat, or for work around the house, the SRT5 has you covered. With Infinite brightness adjustment from .1 to 750 you can control the output you need for the task at hand. And with two colored LEDs, both Blue and Red, the SRT5 can take care of a multiude of other jobs. And of course, if you need it this flashlight comes equiped with a Strobe, SOS, and Beacon fuctions. Whatever the application, the SRT5 has you covered.
- Purpose-designed for law enforcement, hunting and tactical applications.
- The world’s first line of flashlights to feature third generation SSR (smart selector ring) technology
- Smoothly and rapidly select brightness levels and function by rotating a smart selector ring
- Utilizes the latest CREE XM-L (XM-L2 T6) LED for a maximum output of up to 750 lumens
- Second generation of ‘Crystal Coating Technology’ along with ‘Precision Digital Optics Technology’ provide extreme reflector performance
- Boasts a peak beam intensity of 6,000cd and a throw distance of up to 155 meters (ANSI FL1)
- High efficiency circuit board provides up to 450 hours runtime on lowest output level
- Equipped with unique multi-colored (red and blue) tactical / signaling lights
- Infinite brightness adjustment from 0.1 to 750 lumens
- Six rapidly switchable functions to select from
- Reverse polarity protection
- Stainless steel titanium-plated two-way clip
- Stainless steel retaining ring protects core components from damage
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
- Robust HAIII military grade hard-anodized
- Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
- Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
- Tail stand capability
- Length: 136mm (5.35”)
- Head diameter: 25.4mm (1”)
- Tube diameter: 24.3mm (0.96”)
- Weight: 77g (2.72oz)(without battery)
- Quality holster,
- Removable clip,
- Spare tail cap button
- Spare O-ring
|Compatible Batteries||2 x CR123/16340, 1 x 18650|
|Mode Changing Method||Rotary Ring|
|Infinite Ouput Adjustment||No|
|LED Type||CREE XM-L2|
|Secondary LED Color||Blue, Red|
|Beam Distance (Meters)||155|
|Body Diameter Inches||.96|
|Body Diameter mm||24.3|
|Head Diameter Inches||1|
|Head Diameter mm||25.4|
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Perfect EDC
The SRT5 is perfect for all my daily activities. I use it around the house and property every night. Not too big, not to small, just right. The "smart ring" sets this light apart and is the one single reason I purchased. Totally pleased with the illumination output, infinite brightness level is great. Lots of bells and whistles thrown in just in case you need them. I can use the blue led alone as it's bright enough for most of my activities roaming around at night, but, the main power of this light is exceptional. Up to 750 lumen of cool white light is plenty for any task, but I usually never have it ramped up to the max. Craftsmanship is great and the light feels good in the hand. I am using 3400mah 18650 rechargeable batteries and the light just runs and runs. I like this light so much, I will take it on my next desert trek. If you're looking for an EDC flashlight, consider this one. You won't be disappointed.
Price Value Quality
- ONE HECK OF A DETECTIVE!
First off, WOW! this light is unbelievable!
This light has a fantastic feel to it, it feels very robust and solid!
The texture of the light is smooth, and the pocket clip is sturdy and very easy to come off
One of the things that made this light a must for me, if the infinite Variable brightness from 0.1- 750lumens
it's perfect for when you need just amount of light, not too much and not to little. I have a Nitecore EZAA 1 AA model that would ramp up to the level of light needed, and I thought that was really cool!
The blue/red led's are really neat, and would be perfect for hunting and not killing your eyesight at night!
The beacon mode is excellent for survival and that Strobe mode is perfect for self defense!
Overall I would purchase the light again, and I'm considering purchasing the SRT3 as a backup!
Price Value Quality
- Quick Review of Nitecore SRT5
The SRT5 is a solid piece of equipment. It is the perfect "EDC" flashlight, which is good because that's why I chose the light over it's bigger brother, the SRT7. Though the SRT7 is superior in brightness and throw, I needed a light that could fit in my pocket for everyday use. And so far, the SRT5 has served that purpose diligently. The SRT5 is rated at 750 Lumens, which is mind-numbingly bright. So bright, in fact that I end up having to turn the brightness down. The SRT5 features an infinite brightness control ring, which allows the flashlight to travel from it's high of 750 lumens to 0.1 lumens (and everything in between) by a quick turn of the control ring. The light also has an SOS, Location Beacon, Strobe, and among all things, blue and red low-light emitters. Oh and one more thing, a "police strobe" which displays an alternating red and blue strobe pattern. So far, I've used the SRT5 on late-night walks through my neighborhood and around the house. In both situations, the SRT5 has performed well. It's control ring is really what makes it special; going from a 750 lumen powerhouse to a 0.1 lumen "moonlight mode" makes the light extremely versatile, and that's why I will pick this light over any of my big-box store flashlights. The SRT5 runs on 18650 rechargeable batteries or CR123 camera batteries. I decided to go with the 18650 rechargeable battery because of it's low cost over time. I'll be taking the SRT5 on a camping trip this weekend and I'll have more time to test it's runtime, but I'll probably purchase a pair of CR123 primaries just in case I run my 18650 rechargeable cell all the way down. Anyway, it should be pretty clear that I'm happy with my purchase. Spending $100 on a flashlight might seem excessive to some, but with the experience this flashlight will undoubtedly grant me, I feel that I've spent my money well. If you're looking for an Everyday Carry flashlight with a feature set unlike any other, then look no further than the SRT5.
Price Value Quality