LifeStraw® is an award-winning point-of-use portable water filter that transforms microbiologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water. It is ideal for a variety of users outside of the home, from hikers and campers to people displaced by natural disasters.
- Lightweight--only 56 grams (or 2 ounces)
- Uses hollow fibre microfiltration technology
- Purifies a minimum of 1000 litres (264 gallons) of water
- Removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999 percent) and protozoan parasites (99.9 percent) that can contaminate water, including giardia
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering particulate matter larger than 0.2 microns
- Made of durable plastic
- Doesn’t require electrical power, batteries or replacement parts–it’s powered by user-generated suction
LifeStraw® uses advanced hollow fiber technology. This is a highly efficient method of filtration. Hollow fibre membrane requires no chemicals like chlorine or iodine.
- Water enters and is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure.
- Hollow fibers trap bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants which are flushed out by backwashing.
- Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers.
- Filtered water is safe to drink.
Easy to Use
Anyone who can use a drinking straw can use a LifeStraw®. Simply draw the unfiltered water through the LifeStraw®, blow air back through the straw to flush and clear it after drinking.
- Uses advanced hollow fiber technology
- Removes waterborne bacteria and protozoan parasites
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Treats 1000 litres, enough for one person for a full year
- Doesn’t use any chemicals
- Raw materials meet US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
Easy to Use
- Easy to operate
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- 22.5 centimeters (nine inches) long and 2.5 centimeters (one inch) in diameter
- Weighs only 56 grams or 2 ounces (0.12 pounds)