- LED Premium CREE XM-L U2 LED
- Maximum output of up to 800 lumens
- High effciency current circuit board
- Maximum runtime of up to 75 hours
- Two rapid switching modes suit various user requirements
- User-defined mode allows for customized brightness levels and a multitude of functions
- Intelligent memory functions
- Broad voltage drive circuit, compatible with rechargeable and non-rechargeable Li-ion batteries
- Anti-rolling design
- Reverse polarity protection
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Aluminum reflector ensures a smooth and powerful beam
- Aero grade aluminum alloy
- HA III Military grade hard anodized
- Detachable two way anti-roll clip
- Purpose-made rhombic knurling for better grip
- IPX-8 stardard waterproof
- Length: 150mm
- Head Diameter: 25.4mm
- Tail Diameter: 25.4mm
- Weight: 90grams (without battery)
- Nitecore 18650 Li-ion (NL183), tactical ring, lanyard, USB cable, clip, holster, spare switch cap, and spare O-ring
|Compatible Batteries||2 x CR123, 1 x 18650|
|Mode Changing Method||Rear Primary Switch|
|Infinite Ouput Adjustment||No|
|LED Type||CREE XM-L|
|Secondary LED Color||None|
|Beam Distance (Meters)||140|
|Body Diameter Inches||1|
|Body Diameter mm||25.4|
|Head Diameter Inches||1|
|Head Diameter mm||25.4|
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Excellent light for the money. Very good build quality and durability.
I purchased this unit after buying an MH1C from Going Gear. I have been very satisfied with my first purchase (MH1C) and did not hesitate to buy another when I needed one. (See my review of the Nitecore MH1C).
I just wanted a great light that had a battery which would last a lot longer on a charge. The MH1C using a smaller battery does not last all that long on a charge, but this MH2C is a world of difference.
Not only is it brighter, but the larger battery does not require charging all that often. I currently use it repeatedly every night when taking my dog out.
I used a coupon for this purchase which brought the price down to about $7 more than the lowest price I could find, but that extra $7 is WELL WORTH the expense for the quality of service that Marshall(owner of Going Gear) and his crew provide. I posted a review for the MH1C for those who want a point of reference.
Caveat: Only thing I encountered with this unit(MH2C) was that when the charge did get very, VERY low, I was only able to operate the light in the low setting, strobe, and S.O.S. mode. I thought it was defective. Before I recharged it, I contacted Going Gear and was directed to perform some basic user-maintenance on the unit before sending it to Going Gear under the warranty. I thought for a moment that I would experience difficulty with Going Gear covering it under warranty or that they were just trying to brush me off. Not true. It was not defective. It just needed a full recharging. I was just impatient and assumed it was defective before I attempted to charge it. Shame on me.
The manual does not specify that this light will behave in this manner on a low charge. So just a heads up to those who will be purchasing this unit. I can only assume that other manufacturer's lights will also behave in this manner. I do not know, however. I only buy Nitecore now due to the output and the ability to be recharged via USB.
Have had this light now for ~3 months with no problems. Going Gear as usual is a rock solid and reliable company with which to do business. Highly recommend.
Price Value Quality
- decent but not the best UI
I have this light at work and find it to be a little more difficult to use than my fenix pd32. It is a bit more floody than I like. The usb charger is a nice concept but mine seems to be damaged from the factory. I have to really get the cord socket in just the right position for it to charge. Mode switching is little cumbersome although you can just turn the head and go straight to max. I probably would not buy this light again.
Quality Price Value
- Great utility light.
I keep this on my desk for utility purposes and its great for indoors and out. It has a very floodly beam but still a nice hotspot for outdoors. Love being able to charge it without needing to take battery out with it's built-in usb charger and perfect as a car flashlight if you have a usb adapter. Came with a battery too although its only 2300 mah but for most people or non-flashaholics it will be great.
Quality Price Value
This is a small, but quickly powerful light that has both the convenience of being able to charge it on the laptop (or in the car w/ adapter) but goes to 800 lumens with a simple twist! The Nitecore diffuser cap, in white, fits very strongly and is nicely frosted, so it not only stays on well, but is a perfect, soft reading lamp. Great, all round light.
Value Quality Price