One tough knife that's ever-ready for work, utility, and every day carrying
Get your hands on a Whirlwind and you won’t want to let go. This one will be your constant companion whether you’re on the jobsite, working in the garage, or doing chores around the house. The first thing you’ll notice is how this big handful of a knife nestles into your palm.
The ergonomic design and the tough, glass-filled nylon handle scales provide a grip that’s comfortable, secure, and ensures that you’re always in control of the cut. Next, of course, you’ll want to try out the razor-sharp blade. Just push on the thumbstud and—twack!—the SpeedSafe assisted opening mechanism moves the blade out of the handle and it locks securely into place, ready for use.
The blade is a classic drop-point, perfect for handling a wide range of tasks—pretty much anything you care to throw at it. The blade steel is high-performance 14C28N. Developed in a partnership between Kershaw and Sandvik Steel, it offers excellent corrosion resistance, hardness, and edge retention. In fact, Sandvik considers this the highest-performance steel available that can still be fine-blanked. We would have to agree. But the only way you’re going to know for yourself is to get a Whirlwind of your own.
- Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock
- Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position
- The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Made In The USA
- When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Made in the USA
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Single-position pocketclip
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, satin finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3 1/4 in. (8.4 cm)
- Closed length: 4 1/2 in. (11.3 cm)
- Overall length: 7 3/4 in. (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 3.5 oz.