The biggest difference between Black Ice and the usual Field Notes is a bit less obvious if you don’t look closely. This is their first pocket memo book without staples! The books are PUR-bound, using an advanced polyurethane adhesive that’s both stronger and more flexible than regular perfect binding.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Sappi McCoy 100#C Silk with a brute force, 1-color application of “DDC Orange” soy-based Saphira ink with soft-touch varnish.
- Cover stamped with Crown “Black Ice” foil by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Cover text embossed by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Fine Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 2-color application of “DDC Orange” and “Frost Gray” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound by Specialty Finishing Group, Elk Grove Village, Ill., with the Wohlenberg Quickbinder PUR system with Henkel TechnoMelt PUR 3365 glue and Henkel TechnoMelt GA 007A hinge-side glue.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). 48 Pages.
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
|Manufacturer||Field Notes Brand|