Important Lithium Battery Information:
Domestic: We cannot ship more than three loose lithium or rechargeable lithium ion batteries in one shipment via USPS. Please keep this in mind when placing orders. Any orders containing more than three loose lithium ion batteries must have Free Shipping or Fedex selected as the shipping method.
International: As of November 15, 2012, the USPS has changed their regulations to allow international shipments of lithium ion batteries, but the batteries MUST be installed in the product that they power, most likely a flashlight if you are buying from us. Any international orders containing lithium ion batteries that will not fit in lights included in the order must be shipped via Fedex. Orders that contain loose lithium ion batteries not installed in a flashlight with USPS shipping selected will be held while we contact you about shipping options.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Free Shipping: Orders being delivered to a US address are eligible for free shipping if the order total is $49 or greater. The shipping method is up to us and we will use a bubble mailer on lightweight items, so please select one of the paid options if you prefer a particular method. ALL US shipments have delivery confirmation, but some are slower than others.
Shipping: Most orders will be shipped via USPS. Heavy domestic shipments with free shipping will be sent via a Fedex ground method. Shipping rates are calculated real time using USPS and Fedex current rates and are based on the weight of the items and packaging on the order. Please use the shipping calculator after adding your desired items to the shopping cart to determine actual shipping costs. There is no handling or packaging surcharge.
Orders for in stock items will be shipped out within two business days of receipt of payment; most are same or next day.
International Shipping: International orders are welcome and will be shipped via USPS or Fedex. The packages will be marked as merchandise, so check with your local customs office to determine if you will be charged any additional taxes or fees. We do not charge or handle any sort of duties, VAT, tax, or other fees other than Georgia sales tax for shipments to Georgia. International first class shipments can take 30 days or more at times, so please keep that in mind when selecting that method.
- Returns & Replacements
- Please contact us for a return authorization number before sending items back. Return shipments that do not include an RMA# will be returned to sender.
- Returns are accepted on NEW, UNUSED items within 90 days of delivery. Shipping charges will not be refunded. Orders that qualify for free shipping will have the original shipping cost deducted from the refund amount. Items that are received by the customer as defective or not as described can also be returned for a full refund or exchange within 5 days of delivery. All original accessories, packaging, tags, etc. must be included and in new condition when returning any item. Flashlights, knives, and any other items that show sign of wear or are not in 100% brand new, original condition will not be accepted for return. We will verify any defective claims on returned items. Items must be shipped to us within 5 business days of initiating the return. You are responsible for packaging and shipping the items via a method that protects the items and ensures that the package arrives with the items intact. Processing the return can take up to 10 business days after receiving the item.
- Abuse Testing: We will not accept returns on flashlights or other items that were abuse, water, or otherwise tested outside of basic functional operation. If the light fails during your testing, it will then be a warranty issue if the manufacturer's warranty covers the issue. Please check the manufacturer's warranty policy for coverage and the user manaul for proper care.
- Personal Preference: Personal preference issues such as clothing fit, food taste, LED tint, pre-flash, inductor whine, minor cosmetic issues that do not affect the function of the product, battery life, LED centering, output levels, etc. will not be considered defective issues when returning items.
- Items Excluded From Return: Batteries, food, fuel and other consumable items will not be eligible for return unless received as defective. Items that would have a possible hygiene issue such as underwear, whistles, etc. will not be eligible for return unless received as defective. Climbing gear is not eligible for return under any circumstances unless received as defective.
- Excessive Returns: Customers that have a history showing an excessive number of returns may be required to pay a 15-30% restocking fee on any returned items.
- Discrepancies: Any discrepancies between what we said we shipped and what you received must be reported within 48 hours of receiving the shipment. Please keep any shipping boxes, packaging, and anything else that was included with your shipment. We might ask you to send pictures of the condition of the packaging.
- International Returns: Customer will be responsible for 100% of the return shipping on international return shipments. We will test all flashlights for basic functionality before shipping any international flashlight shipment. Please keep in mind that we will not reimburse return shipping on international orders for any reason other than one that was our mistake. We will help with any warranty issues detailed in our warranty policy, but will not reimburse for the international shipping required to get the product to us.
- Warranty Service
- Flashlights: We are not the manufacturer for any flashlight brand and are not the provider of any manufacturer's warranty service, but we do serve as the middlemen for warranty service on many of our flashlight brands. We will help you get a functioning light, and will provide you with the best service that we can in the warranty process. Contact us if you are not sure if we handle the warranty for a particular brand or not.
- While we are not the manufacturer and are not responsible for the overall warranty service, we will help by troubleshooting the lights, consolidating and shipping the defective products back to each manufacturer via Fedex International or EMS shipping at our expense, and then shipping the repaired or replaced lights back to the customer. Most manufacturers do not supply us with repair parts of any kind or replacement/repaired lights until we send the defective lights back to them. No manufacturer reimburses us in any way for the shipping, labor, or materials involved in the warranty process. Since most of the manufacturers are in China, the warranty process typically takes 2-3 months. For questions about individual brand warranties, refer to the user manual or the manufacturer's website. We can help with specific questions and common issues, so feel free to shoot us an email with any questions.
- Numyth: Numyth is a Going Gear brand and all warranty service for Numyth products bought from Going Gear will be handled through Going Gear.
- Everything Else: Please contact the manufacturer directly for warranty service on non-flashlight products.
- Privacy & Security
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Going Gear website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are: Name, Address, Email address, Phone number, Credit/Debit Card Information, etc.
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the information for the recipient. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are: Name, Address, Phone Number, etc.)
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- We use the email address you provide when signing up for an account or completing an order to contact you regarding the status of the order. We do not share your email address with third parties unless you specifically request that we do so.
- We use your provided email address for our newsletters if you choose to sign up for the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of every newsletter. We hate spam as much as you do and quickly honor any "do not contact" requests.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Child Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by signing into your account using the My Account link at the top right of every page. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.